2021 Chevy Suburban Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevy Suburban towing capacity maxes out at 8,300 pounds, offering truck-like performance in a three-row SUV package. There are two V8 engines and one diesel engine available on the new Suburban, but if you want to get the maximum Chevy towing capacity, you’ll want to opt for the 5.3L V8 with 2WD and the Max Trailering Package. Hendrick Chevrolet Cary explains everything you need to know about the Chevy Suburban towing capacity, below!
What is the Chevy Towing Capacity for Each Suburban Engine?
Whether you’re taking a trailer full of home improvement supplies to Apex or towing a camper for a weekend away from Cary, the Chevy Suburban towing capacity can handle it all. There are three engines available, which are pairable with 2WD or 4WD. Also available is the Max Trailering Package, which can add a few hundred pounds to the Chevy towing capacity. Here’s your complete guide to Suburban towing, organized by powertrains:
5.3L V8 Engine
- 2WD: 7,800 pounds
- 4WD: 7,600 pounds
- 2WD w/ Max Trailering Package: 8,300 pounds
- 4WD w/ Max Trailering Package: 8,100 pounds
6.2L V8 Engine
- 2WD: 7,700 pounds
- 4WD: 7,400 pounds
- 2WD w/ Max Trailering Package: 8,200 pounds
- 4WD w/ Max Trailering Package: 7,900 pounds
3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel Engine
- 2WD: 8,000 pounds
- 4WD: 7,800 pounds
- 2WD w/ Max Trailering Package: 8,000 pounds
- 4WD w/ Max Trailering Package: 7,800 pounds
What is the Chevy Max Trailering Package?
The Max Trailering Package can take the Chevy Suburban towing capacity to the next level, but is it really worth the added cost? For many drivers, this all-in-one package is more than worth it because it provides all of the equipment necessary to be towing-ready, plus a few high-tech features that can make towing in Raleigh all the easier:
- Trailer brake controller
- Enhanced cooling radiator
- 2-speed transfer case (exclusive to LT models w/ 4WD)
- Advanced Trailering System (in-vehicle)
- Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert (exclusive to Premier and High Country trims)
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View
How Much Cargo Can Fit Inside the Suburban?
There’s no doubt that the Suburban towing capacity can handle your family camper, but what is the cargo space like inside the SUV? Whether the rear seats are upright or folded, there’s plenty of room for everyone’s gear!
- Cargo Volume Behind 1st Row: 144.7 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind 2nd Row: 93.8 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind 3rd Row: 41.5 cubic feet
Find a New Suburban for Sale in Cary, NC
Chevy Suburban towing easily outclasses competitors like the Ford Explorer. Experience the powerful difference firsthand with a test drive at Hendrick Chevrolet Cary! After you take the Suburban for a spin, you can meet with our finance team to learn about our manager’s specials.