What is Comprehensive Insurance vs. Collision?
The question of car insurance has confounded many drivers in Cary, but it doesn’t have to be so confusing to navigate. While many local drivers ask questions like “what is comprehensive insurance vs. collision?” we find that such matters can be explained clearly and concisely. When it comes to the comprehensive vs. collision question, Hendrick Chevrolet Cary has a clear outline of the facts for you. And while you’re here, be sure to see if you can get pre-approved today.
Auto Insurance: Comprehensive vs. Collision
One thing you’ll want to know right off the bat is that both comprehensive and collision insurance are optional. These types of coverage aren’t the same as the liability insurance you have to get in every state. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s break down your auto insurance, comprehensive vs. collision, in Apex:
Comprehensive Insurance: What’s Covered
- An animal collides with your car
- A natural disaster destroys your car
- Your car is stolen or vandalized
- A tree falls on your car
Collision Insurance: What’s Covered
- Damage caused to your vehicle by colliding with another vehicle
- Damage caused by poor road conditions, i.e., large potholes
- Damage caused by colliding with a stationary object, such as a tree or fence
- Damage caused by a rollover
Comprehensive vs. Collision: Picking the Right Coverage
For drivers in Raleigh, many like to get both comprehensive and collision insurance for better overall protection, especially if their vehicles are new. Still, how you choose to insure your Camaro or Equinox is all dependent on your needs and your budget. Consider these factors when debating between comprehensive vs. collision coverage:
- Is your car high in value? If you don’t have a high value car, it might not be worth the extra cost.
- What is your financial situation like? If you’ve got an accident or unexpected event, would you be able to make the repairs or replacements necessary?
- How do you drive? If you spend a lot of time on the roads, it might put you at a higher risk of an accident.
- What are the driving conditions like where you live? If you live near a lot of potholes or in a place where falling trees or passing animals are a risk, you might want to spring for comprehensive and collision insurance.
Hendrick Chevrolet Cary Has Your Car-Buying Needs Covered
When it comes to getting your financing done, let Hendrick Chevrolet Cary help you get signed down smartly. With us, you’re in the company of experts who can help you navigate the complex process of auto finance and insurance. We can even help you out with credit assistance programs. Ready to get started? Just contact us to learn more.