How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
How to Sell a Car at a Dealership in Cary, NC
If you’re outgrowing your current vehicle or just feel like you’re ready for an upgrade, now may be the perfect time to sell it. Most Raleigh drivers dread the thought of listing their vehicle for sale and fielding interested buyers, but selling a car doesn’t have to be so difficult. If you’d like to avoid the hassles that can come with a private sale, selling your vehicle to a dealership is a great solution. How does selling your car to a dealership work? At Hendrick Chevrolet Cary, we make it easy for you to earn a great price on your ride, which you can pocket or use directly toward your next purchase! Learn how to sell a car at a dealership, below.
What to Do Before Selling Your Car
When endeavoring to sell your car at a dealership in Cary, start with these steps:
- Clean & Detail: Cleaning your car up with an exterior wash and interior detailing can add value right from the start. You can also swap out the floor mats and install a fresh set of windshield wipers to make it look closer to new.
- Make a List of Benefits: A clean maintenance record is always preferable and will definitely help raise your car’s value. Also very valuable are the “extras” that used-car-buyers look for, like luxury features or OEM accessories.
- Procure the Car Title: Avoid delays when selling your car to a dealership by having the car title ready to go.
- Estimate the Car’s Value: How do resources like Cars.com and Edmunds value your vehicle? Their estimates can provide an idea of how much you could earn. Hendrick Chevrolet Cary also has a trade-in value tool on our website.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
With your vehicle looking good and all of your documents in order, you can bring your vehicle to the dealership to sell! We’ve provided an overview of the process so you know what to expect:
- Stop in or Schedule an Appointment: If you’re visiting the Cary area from Apex and it’s convenient for you to drop in with your vehicle to see about selling it, our team will be glad to help you out! You can also contact us to set up an appointment ahead of time, which will help the process move faster since we can prepare for you ahead of time.
- Inspection: Before we can make an offer, we’ll need to appraise your vehicle. This could involve bringing it to our new or pre-owned inventory, you can apply the value of your old vehicle directly to your next purchase!
Why Sell Your Car to Hendrick Chevrolet Cary?
Hendrick Chevrolet Cary has a unique advantage: we’re part of the Hendrick Automotive Group! As the largest privately held automotive retail organization in the country, Hendrick dealerships can provide more perks for our customers. No matter what you need to have a successful dealership experience, we’ll go the extra mile to make it happen. Here are just a few advantages of selling or trading in your vehicle with us:
- Nationwide Used Inventory: Hendrick dealerships strive to do better than our competitors. When you’re selling or trading a vehicle, that means we’ll make a more competitive offer than you’ve received at other dealers in Cary. How do we do this? We take the Hendrick nationwide pre-owned inventory into account. If we don’t have a place for your vehicle on our lot in Cary, we can turn to the used inventories at Hendrick dealers across the country.
- Hendrick Cares About Customer Service: Hendrick dealerships and their employees are united in their passion for first-class customer care. In fact, there’s a Hendrick Client Care team dedicated to furthering this vital aspect of our services. We are here to help you have the best dealership experience possible!
- Transparency: Another core component of the Hendrick difference is transparency. We want you to be active in every step of the process, whether you’re buying or selling a vehicle with us.
Sell Your Car to Us in Cary, NC
Now that you know how to sell a car to a dealership, it’s time to find out just how much your vehicle is worth! Visit Hendrick Chevrolet Cary to sell or trade your car today and avoid the uncertainties of private sales. For more helpful car-buying information, reach out to our team or check out additional tips online.