2022 Chevy Equinox Gas Mileage Specs
Are you searching for a family-oriented SUV that will allow you to spend more time cruising around Raleigh and less time—and money—at the gas station? If so, the 2022 Chevy Equinox deserves a second look. The new Equinox for sale at Hendrick Chevrolet Cary achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with its 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine and front-wheel drive. Read on with our team to explore the Chevy Equinox gas mileage in detail, and take a look at some of the features that lend themselves to the great Chevy Equinox fuel economy!
How Much Gas Mileage Does a Chevy Equinox Get?
When you look under the hood of the 2022 Equinox, you’ll find a strong 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine. It lends itself well to a lively performance on Apex-area roads and highways, without sacrificing efficiency. This is the sole engine choice for the new Equinox, but drivers will have their choice of either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive for the drivetrain. Compare the FWD vs. AWD Chevrolet Equinox mpg ratings, here:
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with FWD: EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway
- 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder with AWD: EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/30 mpg highway
More On the Equinox Performance
Many small SUVs are able to offer up a competitive fuel economy, but it comes at the expense of horsepower and torque. Such is not the case for the 2022 Chevy Equinox, which proves that you can have the best of both worlds! Despite the high Chevrolet Equinox mpg numbers, this powerhouse still manages to churn out seriously impressive performance specs:
1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder Performance Specs
- 170 hp
- 203 lb-ft of torque
- Max. Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
Yes, the Equinox can even tow up to 1,500 pounds! When you’re towing a lightweight trailer around Holly Springs, you’ll appreciate the Chevy Equinox fuel economy even more.
Get to Know the Fuel-Efficient Equinox Features
- Automatic Stop/Start: This advanced feature helps you conserve fuel without even thinking about it. How does it operate? When you reach a full stop with your foot on the brake, under the proper conditions, Auto Stop/Start will automatically shut off the engine to save fuel. As soon as you take your foot off the brake, the engine starts right back up. This feature is a huge help with the Chevrolet Equinox mpg, and it doesn’t even require any action on your end!
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): Many Cary drivers tend to ignore their vehicle’s tire pressure. However, too much or too little air in your tires can negatively affect your fuel efficiency as your vehicle’s engine works harder to compensate for the less-than-optimal road grip. The TPMS in the Equinox alerts you any time one or more of your tires’ pressure is off, so you can fix the problem and continue enjoying optimal performance and efficiency.
Test Drive the Chevy Equinox in Cary
Ready to bring a fuel-efficient Equinox home to Fuquay Varina? Get in touch with Hendrick Chevrolet Cary to set up a test drive at our showroom in Cary. After you take the Equinox for a spin, you can explore lease and finance offers with our friendly financiers.
More from Hendrick Chevrolet Cary
The 2021 Chevy Tahoe is ultra-spacious and generously equipped with features your growing family will love. How many seats does a Tahoe have? Every Tahoe trim level has three-row seating, making room for seven to nine passengers depending on the seating configuration you select. With bench seating throughout, the Tahoe can seat nine. With second-row…
Cary drivers looking for a durable new vehicle that will make their jobs in Fuquay Varina may want to consider the Chevrolet Silverado 1500. You are probably wondering,”What is the towing capacity of a Silverado 1500?” Read the Silverado 1500 towing capacity guide below from Hendrick Chevrolet Cary to learn more about its valuable towing specs. New Silverado…
Are you searching for a family-oriented SUV that will allow you to spend more time cruising around Raleigh and less time—and money—at the gas station? If so, the 2022 Chevy Equinox deserves a second look. The new Equinox for sale at Hendrick Chevrolet Cary achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating of 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with…